Saturday, August 18, 2007

What is in a name?

I've been asked a lot how I came about my blog/web name (What the BUZ is ABOUT) and the why/how sounds so "Lame" (aren't I hip?) to me. So here are my not...er...what is the opposite hip thing to say for not lame? So here are my generation X reasons.

  • BUZ was the second son of Nahor and Milcah, and brother to Huz. Abraham being all ABOUT God, hearing the Angel of the LORD and not laying a hand on Isaac. (Gen. 22:7) ...ok far reach
  • My favorite food place is in Richmond, VA Buz & Neds Real Barbecue ok ok...so I've never been to Richmond, VA and really who ever heard of real barbecue coming outta Virginia anyhow? I live in Texas for goodness sakes where the B*B*Q is good and fine and all that it needs to be!!!
  • My website is my 'personal' expression and "BUZ" is committed protecting the privacy of your personal information....well Buz Interactive is all about YOUR personal information and my website is exactly that MY website...and it is all about ME!!
  • I was inspired by the incredible artwork of Buz Kiefer and wanted my blog/website to be an extension of his talent? er no back to it being about someone else. That doesn't work either...although Fog, Tree and Road is incredible and completely inspiring...even in multiples
  • Taking the lead from Buz Software I wanted my space to be "effective" and "productive" and all about GOLF?
  • For four seasons (1960 to 1964) Route 66 ran weekly on CBS. This TV series was about two young men who traveled across America. I was so taken by this series (being born 3 years after the final episode and all) and the death of George Maharis who played Buz Murdock...one of our two young traveling guys that I decided to make MY blog ABOUT the character BUZ.

I guess the real reason why you come to read the ramblings of me, view the artwork and ideas of me and link it up at What the BUZ is ABOUT is simply because previous to getting married my last name was Abruzi (good Italian girl) and developing a unit of great ladies dedicated to the art of paper crafting and stamping I needed a unit name. I came up with What the BUZ is ABOUT because it tied into ME/MY NAME and someday I hoped that my little Team of ladies would be What all the BUZ was about......naw to lame!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nina,
I must commend you for using the proper form of "Buz". I tell people that "Buz" is the name and "Buzz" is the sound. Bravo!

If you are ever in Richmond you'll be my guest. We use pits that were specially made for us in Mesquite, TX.(100% wood burning of course)
That might make you feel right at home.

By the way, we would be your "favorite" BBQ restaurant after that first encounter.(OBB, obligatory BBQ Bravado)

With best regards and utter respect,
Buz

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hi. I love the chacter Buz Murdock, and the Route 66 tv series generally. One small point: George Maharis is alive, and the character didn't die on the show. He was sick and in the hospital (as was Maharis, off and on, with hepatitis), and stopped being mentioned after a while. But it was never stated that the character was dead. And yes, you're exactly right: the name was Buz with one Z.

Regards....

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/mnames-nf/Maharis+George

Monthly Paper Crafting Newsletter
Email: