Saturday, August 11, 2007

Card Sketch Challenge #1 & Mini Technique Overview


On this card I used all CTMH products: Majestic Blue Paper Pack, The Aug. Stamp of the Month Doodle Alphabet, Dimensional Elements 'Ribbon Slides', White Daisy Organdy Ribbon and Liquid Glass.
On this Ribbon Slide I inked it with Desert Sand ink and then a layer of liquid glass to give it added dimension. I also stamped on the ribbon for a light bit of texture and pop.

There are so many things you can do with the Ribbon Slides. On this card I showed using just ink and liquid glass. However, I did make two other identical samples using ink and liquid glass in different ways to show diversity with these three products.

This is a sample of Faux Leather. I inked the Ribbon Slide very heavily, then put on a thin layer of liquid glass. I let this sit for about 10 min. then peeled the whole thing off. :) Yes peel it off. You should have a inked but ragged Ribbon Slide left. I then added liquid glass back to the ragged top and let it dry for a Faux Leather look to it.




Now this is a very different look and it is still using just liquid glass and ink. However, this time I stamped an image onto the slide. I then put a layer of liquid glass onto it. I let the liquid glass completely dry and then ink distressed the liquid glass layer. I call it shabby chic liquid glass. :)

Hope you enjoyed the mini technique overview. Have fun with your Liquid Glass!

No comments:

Monthly Paper Crafting Newsletter
Email: