Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Degree's of Seperation ~ An Experiment

My link to this experiment was Sonjia Bradshaw from her blog Living Above Neutral

Will you join me in an experiment? I will answer the question: What was I doing 10/20/30 years ago...Then, you answer this question on your blog or here in the comments section. Tag as many other bloggers as possible & have them link back to http://www.relevantblog.blogspot.com/ (Mary DeMuth) who started this little social experiment!

Ten Years Ago (1997) - I lived in Northampton, Massachusetts and my daughter was a 1.5 year old. I was a single Mom and worked full time at The Moore Corporation in Hartford Connecticut. That was a long and horrible commute, but I took the time every week to attend my knitting class and then had friends over afterwards to watch Friends. I can't believe the time I had to do things...where did that time go? Six days a week I'd put my daughter into her stroller and we'd fast walk for one hour on the bike path out behind our house. I had purchased my first home...a town house. Zia & Zio were in our lives back then. Where are they now? Sweet Memories for me at that time were listening to my daughter play in her room while I sat on the couch and knit, the smell of the New England Fog and the pure enjoyment of holding my daughter in my arms. My reason for being!

Twenty Years Ago (1987) - I lived in Flagstaff, Arizona on the Northern Arizona University. I was a Graphic Design Major.(...er maybe not at that time as I was only a sophomore). My roommate was probably Wendy. She was my closest friend at the time. She probably knew me better than anyone, but it would be secrets I kept that broke our friendship. I still miss her today. I drank too much caffeine, stayed up way to late, smoked like a fiend (I'd quit in 9 years - cold turkey - to have a child) and had a ton of energy. I was a full time student and was part of a work study program that allowed me to work in another dorm and study while on duty. I was discovering who I was for the first time. Sweet Memories for me at that time are sitting on my couch in my cramped dorm room, walking to class in shorts in the winter and living in one of my favorite spots in the world, Flagstaff Arizona.

Thirty Years Ago (1977) - I was 10 years old, only a year and a half younger than my daughter is now. I was in fifth grade and lived in Haslett, Michigan. It was a different life, a time I care not to remember but do nearly every day. I dreamed of moving away, running away, getting away from my home and family. It would take 3 more years until we did in fact move away from Michigan. Moving away was the beginning of the end of my worst years. I lived in a four room house with my younger sister and my parents. My Mom worked full time as a nurse for an orthopedic surgeon at the hospital I was born in. My father seldom held down a job we always would refer to him as dabbling. My father was a dabbler! I thought I was an ugly overweight girl. I was a beautiful "just right" 40 year old in a 10 year old body. I lived to spend time with my friend Tammy and riding horses in Mason, Michigan. Sweet memories for me at that time were playing with Tammy and her dog, doing anything with the horses and being by my self!

So here are my "tag your it":

Emily Giovanni ~ Stamping and Stuff
April Driggers ~ This is what it's all About
Erin Grotegut~ Inky Smiles
Julie Chandler
Denise Babcock
Deborah Cariker

1 comment:

mE said...

NINA!!!


What the heck?? You lived in Northampton, Mass??? NO WAY!!!! My family is originally from that area!! What a small world. Most people have never HEARD of Northampton/Florence, etc...

Tooo COOL girl!

Erin

Monthly Paper Crafting Newsletter
Email: